Thetis Island Marina and the Maple Bay Yacht Club are pleased to announce that the 24th Annual Thetis Island Regatta will take place on the weekend of May 10, 11, & 12, 2019.
Once again there will be a race around both Thetis and Penelakut Islands, followed by the famous barbeque. This Regatta is open to all classes of sailboats.
Schedule of events is as follows:
- Friday, May 10
Race registration and welcome 1600-1930
- Saturday, May 11
- 0730 Breakfast
- 0900 Pre-Race Briefing
- 1030 Race Start off Preedy Harbour
- 1730 Official Stop Time
- 1830-1930 Dinner Barbeque
- 1930 Awards/prize presentations followed by Live Music with Bobby Smith, dancing, etc. . . till midnight.
- Sunday, May 12 0800-1030 Breakfast + Departure
- The entry fee is $85 per boat and includes two complimentary nights of moorage courtesy of Thetis Island Marina and MBYC. Additional moorage for “motherships” available at $1.00 per foot. Priority will be given to race boats
- Shore power (15 or 30 amp) and additional moorage can be paid at the gas dock upon arrival
- Tickets for the Saturday Night BBQ will be available at the registration desk for $25.00 each
- Tickets for Saturday morning breakfast will be available at the bar on Friday night
- Cheques are accepted and payable to Maple Bay Yacht Club
- Questions? Email MYBC Fleet Captain