Our Heritage and Purpose
Since its inception in 1925, Maple Bay Yacht Club has served its members by providing an affordable means to enjoy the many benefits of yachting and related water sports on our beautiful coast. Development and operation of MBYC is guided by our Constitution:
The purposes of the Club is:
- (a) to encourage the development of yachting, both power and sail
- (b) to enhance the Members’ yachting skills and knowledge, particularly with respect to seamanship and safety
- (c) to foster a high level of sportsmanship amongst the Members through competitive sailing and powerboat events
- (d) to provide moorage facilities for the benefit of Members
- (e) to provide social facilities and functions for the benefit of Members
The Maple Bay Yacht Club is an integral part of this community, with approximately 700 members who enjoy benefits such as a comfortable clubhouse and first-rate moorage. By supportive volunteer participation for administrative and maintenance positions, the members have achieved a first-class facility at very attractive membership rates.
Our clubhouse and marina are located by the protected waters of Maple Bay, and we enjoy reciprocal privileges with most yacht clubs in the Pacific Northwest.
Applications for membership are being accepted from anyone who has attained the age of 19 and who resides in the Cowichan Valley or is planning to relocate here.