MBYC Youth Sailing
Sailing is a sport that can be enjoyed from the time one is 8 to when we are in our dotage and can barely hold a tiller.
Maple Bay Yacht Club is ideal for families and children to learn to sail. The club has embraced CANSAIL, a program aimed at giving every Canadian youth the opportunity to go sailing in a professional, safe and fun environment.
Designed around kids, for kids, the CANSAIL program seeks to provide a vibrant approach to sail training that recognizes the learning styles of children differs from those of adults.
Kids don’t need to have any sailing experience. They don’t even need to be a member of the club to participate, though of course we would be delighted if ultimately, they decided to join up.
To enroll in a course, you can fill out and submit an enrolment form to the MBYC office or click on the links online to enroll over the internet.
- Kids Centric
- Non-competitive, fun and social
- Delivered by fully certified CANSAIL, young coaches
- Inviting children outside of existing yacht club membership
- Value for money relative to programs in other sports
- Graduate pathway over several steps and seasons