Information for Visiting Boaters
We are located in Maple Bay on Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada (click here for a land map) By Sea: Maple Bay is just West of Saltspring Island, North of Sansum Narrows at 48°48.18’N/123°36.13’W
We have been serving the boating community in beautiful Maple Bay, BC, Canada since 1925. Our facilities include moorage for members and visiting boaters with power and excellent water, a wonderful clubhouse for events with licensed lounge, showers, washrooms and wireless Internet access for members and visiting boaters.
Maple Bay Yacht Club welcomes all yacht club members whose clubs are over 200 nautical miles away from our club. You will be afforded the same benefits offered to clubs officially listed as having reciprocal privileges.
Reciprocal & Visitor Moorage
- 400 Ft. on outside South end of Breakwater on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Maximum length allowed: 60 Ft.
- Note: The Yellow Zone [100 Ft. on North End of Breakwater] is reserved for MBYC members at all times.
- Our Dock Master can be contacted by e-m at email@example.com
- Note: No reciprocal/visitor moorage will be available July 11-12 and September 5-6, 2015
- Please check in at the clubhouse or with our Dock Master, phone number: 250-710-2350
- Fly your club burgee.
- Fly your courtesy flag.
- Proof of current club membership required.
- MBYC offers a maximum of 5 nights’ reciprocal moorage each calendar month. The rate for the first night for each month is $5.50 (changed from $5.00). This facilities fee includes power, showers, garbage and recycling drop-off and wireless internet service.
- Moorage for additional nights to a maximum of 5 per month is $.50 per foot inclusive of power.
- Please pay fees upon arrival and post registration slip on dockside window of vessel. One person is required to remain aboard at night
Check-Out Time – 11 AM
Dock Rules & General Information
- Land Map to Marina
- Ice & Pay Phone located at top of ramp.
- Showers & Washrooms are located on the lower level of the clubhouse (under the sun deck Open 24 hrs/day.
- No BBQ’s on docks.
- Pets must be on a leash at all times.
- Doggie Heaven is located behind the hydrant. Please clean up after your pets.
- Please familiarize yourselves with our safety equipment
- Large sun deck with spectacular views
- Fully licensed bar
- Big Screen TV
- BBQ Pit on the grounds
- Friday night dinners – visitors welcome. Limited Seating – Please reserve before Thursday 8 PM!
- Wireless Internet Access for members and registered visitors
Club House Hours
- Summer: June 13th to Tuesday after Labour Day 2 9 pm
- Winter: Tuesday after Labour Day to June 12th
- Mon-Tues-Thurs-Sat-Sun 2 – 8 pm
- Weds & Fri 2 – 8:30 pm
- Holidays Closed
- Phone: 250-710-2350
- Email the Dockmaster
- Channel 66 Alpha (July & August only)
- Emergencies 911
Shipyard Restaurant & Pub – 250-746 1026
- Fine & Pub-Style Dining
- Reservations Recommended
- Breakfast: May through June
- Located at Maple Bay Marina
Marine: Repairs, Services &: Supplies
- Cove Yachts (Repairs) – 250-748 8136
- The Marine Supply Store – 250-748 9199
- Island Marine Supply Centre – 250-746 6000
- Passage Yacht Sales – 250-748 5004
- Gabbren Jac Marine 250-746-6164
- Lake’s Marine Supply 250-715-1080
- Martech Marine 250-290-5072
Maple Bay Marina – 250-746-8482
- Gas, Diesel, Propane, C.N.G.
- Groceries, Coffee, Ice Cream, Gift Shop
- Fishing Charters, Yacht Services, Mechanical
- Marine Supply Store, Yacht Brokerage
- Budget Rental Cars, Floatplane Services
- Dinghy Dock, Cappuccino Bar, Party Patio
- Washrooms, Showers, Laundromat
- Internet Access: www.maplebaymarina.com
- Cove Yachts – 250-748 8136
- Maple Bay Boat Yard 250-748-9199
- Bird’s Eye Cove Fuel Sales – 250-746 5686
- Maple Bay Marina – 250-746 8482
- Cowichan Golf & Country Club – 250-746 5333
- Duncan Meadows Golf Course – 250-746 8993
- Mt. Brenton Golf Course – 250-246 9322
- Duncan Taxi 250-746-4444 or 746-4111
- Country Cab 250-746-0009 [approx $25 to Duncan]
- Budget Rent-a-Car – 250-748 3221
- Enterprise Rent-a-Car 250-748-9091
- National Car & Truck Rental – 250-748 4400
- Local bus transit to Duncan from centre of Maple Bay
- Harbour Air 800-665-0212
- Saltspring Air 877-537-9880
- All Emergency Services “9-1-1”
- Local Police Non-emergency 250-748-5522
- Local Fire Non-Emergency 250-748-8654
- Local Ambulance Non-Emergency 250-746-4233